RIVERSIDE'S VICTORIAN CHAPEL, HELPFUL STAFF
AND GENEALOGY RECORDS PROVIDE EXTRA SERVICES AND CARE TO OUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS
WILLIAM R. HALLEY
VICTORIAN 1876 STONE CHAPEL
This restored treasure of another era is available for Funeral Services and other approved use. It is on the "National Register of Historic Places" and can be rented for $190 for the usual up to one hour service.
1896 GATEHOUSE/OFFICE BUILDING
An early 20th century post card image of the Gatehouse/Office.
At the front of the cemetery, where we welcome and meet personally with our families, stands the castle-like stone structure that is our Gatehouse/Office building. Here families and friends can find helpful staff during scheduled office hours. Although red in color, it was constructed of Massachusetts brownstone. This proud Victorian Romanesque structure is also on the "National Register of Historic Places" and functions as the center of our administrative duties and records storage.
The Gatehouse/Office is open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
back to top
We are frequently complimented on our very accommodating assistance to family researchers and the detailed data available on our record cards. All of our interments since 04/14/1876 are recorded on alphabetized cards similar to those once used for registered voters. Genealogists need to give us a correct individual name(s) or surname. Yes, persons sometimes come not knowing how to spell a last name and do not know a first name. We have over 56,000 cards and a few interchanged letters can create difficulties, and it may take longer to fulfill your requests. We have forms which can be used to record pertinent information from the cards. Drawing Books showing grave positioning and names of persons buried on family lots are available to see. The best research hours are 8-10 a.m. and 2-3 p.m. daily. Saturday research should be arranged in advance.
This procedure is also accessible by mail, phone, or e-mail.
For more information, call us at 216.351.4800, or email us at
back to top